American Supermodel of the Year 2018
Terms and Conditions of the Competition
By participating in the American Supermodel of the Year competition, any of the categories, you hereby expressly agree to follow, respect and apply the rules and the regulations mentioned below.
The contestant is anyone who registers for the American Supermodel of the Year competition by submitting the online form and payment.
The organiser is the American Supermodel Of The Year 2018 license holders, and any partners approved by the company.
The competition means any of the categories of the the American Supermodel of the Year.
Contestants Rules and Responsibilities
- All contestants to the American Supermodel of the Year must be at least 14 years old as of November 30 2018. They also must be American citizens and reside in America at the moment of registration, and the Grand Final of the competition. Entrant must be a naturally born genetic female if entering the American Supermodel of the Year, the Teen American Supermodel of the Year, the Curve American Supermodel of the Year, or born genetic male if entering the Male American Supermodel of the Year. All contestants must not have posed nude, for any photographs, professional or amateur, or film in any capacity whatsoever.
- All contestants will be subjected to a fee of 350 USD payable via PayPal to the American Supermodel Of The Year account. I understand that the entry fee is non-refundable, even if your entry will not pass the initial approval process after the registration.
- Contestant warrants that she or he has made all necessary disclosures and has answered all the questions on the application form completely, honestly, and accurately (i.e. about age, contact information, etc.). Contestant also warrants that she or he is not under contract with any person, firm or corporation that would prevent her appearance or participation in the American Supermodel of the Year competition.
- The entry fee is payable with the completion of this electronic entry form. Under no circumstances will any refunds be made. Within 30 days from the registration the contestant will receive an email confirmation of his/her approval or failure to pass to the local auditions level. If approved, their photos and basic information (measurements, first name and first letter of their surname, age, and personality and experience notes) will be added to supermodeloftheyear.com website under Entrants.
- English is the official language of the American Supermodel of the Year. It is a requirement for delegates to speak English.
- The contestant agrees to release her/his right to make any press releases whatsoever, without the consent and written approval of the Organizers prior to any press releases.
- The contestant is responsible for all transportation to and from the local auditions venue, may it be for judging, rehearsals or when she is needed by the organizers. Only the transport from and back to chosenAmerican airports to the international location of Grand Final, for the contestants who pass the National Final, will be covered by the organizers.
- If finalist is chosen as the winner and relinquishes this position for any reason, all prizes must be returned in FULL and in the condition received.
- The contestant accepts that the decisions of the judges are final. No correspondence will be entered into. Contestants agree that the contest judges’ decisions on all matters relating to the American Supermodel of the Year are final, absolute and binding.
- The contestant will not be permitted to drink alcoholic beverages, smoke or use any inappropriate language at any time during the course of their involvement in American Super Model of the Year . The contestant agrees to participate in a disciplined and diligent manner throughout the competition. No intimate behaviour between any contestants and/or associates of American Supermodel of the Year will be tolerated. Failing to do so can be a reason for disqualification of the contestant from the competition.
- All contestants under 18 years, as of the Grand Final period, must be accompanied at all events, including the Grand Final, by a parent or legal guardian, or otherwise come with a document proving their parents allow them to travel and participate in the event on their own. The parent or legal guardian will bear their own costs for all expenses including travel and accommodation.
- I/guardian/parents of the contestant abide by these rules of this competition and will not get involved in fighting, disruption or interfere in any program or event in this competition, start or participate in any Crime and Injura Act against the organizers, presenters, sponsors, or any organization or individual involved in this competition, or make false accusations of any sort to any person. Contestants will not slander or libel other contestants, judges, American Supermodel Of The Year staff, or anyone else involved with or connected to the competition. Defamatory verbal and/or written remarks against the mentioned, will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of any and all prizes and awards won, and legal charges. I/we also understand that if I/we have a problem, I/we are obligated to discuss the problem with the organizers first as first approach.
- Any contestant found publicly posting slanderous remarks on public forums, social networking sites or any other public domain will be immediately disqualified and legal action will be taken.
- A Contestant, or any individual related to a Contestant, must not approach Judges with the intent to influence or harass. Action of this type will be reported to the organizers of the American Supermodel of the Year competition, and be reason for disqualification of the contestant from the competition.
- All pictures and videos taken during the course of the American Supermodel of the Year are the property of Australian Supermodel Of The Year, and by signing this contract, you agree to release any right even in case of disqualification.
- All pictures and videos taken during the course of the American Supermodel of the Year will only be used for the American Supermodel of the Year and its sponsors purposes and will not be distributed to any third party.
- The Local Auditions time and venues for each city will be announced by 31st July 2018. All contestants will have to make sure to be present at the time and venue, or otherwise they will be disqualified. American Supermodel Of The Year reserves the right to change the time and venue up to 48H before the auditions, and will notify all the contestant up to 24 hours before the competition. Contestants passing the local auditions will be notified via e-mail, by the end of December 2018.
- The National Final time and venue will be announced before 31st November 2018. All contestants who passed local auditions will have to make sure to be present at the time and venue, or otherwise they will be disqualified. American Supermodel Of The Year reserves the right to change the time and venue up to 48H before the auditions, and will notify all the contestants up to 24 hours before the competition. Contestants winning the National Final and moving up to the Grand Final will be notified via e-mail, by the end of November 2018.
- If selected for the Grand Final, you must have a valid passport to travel abroad. All contestants at this stage will have to make sure to be present at the time and the chosen airport on time. Missing the flight time will be an instant disqualification. The organizers will provide sponsored Grand Finalists with flight tickets, accomodation, meals, for the time of the Grand Final. The organizers will provide un-sponsored Grand Finalists with accomodation & meals, for the time of the Grand Final. Grand Finalists Failing to show up on time at the airport, and missing the Grand Final will result in a penalty fee of 300 AUD, to cover a part of admin costs of the trip for each contestant. The Grand Final contestants will be responsible for following the rules of the competition mentioned above, and will be responsible for their own health and safety. All contestant qualified for Grand Final should inform the organizers of any health issues, allergies, or other personal issues that might cause them physical or mental distress during the international trip.
- Contestants of all ages should not be drinking alcohol, or under the influence of alcohol, or smoking whilst attending the competition related events, including the Grand Final. Consumption of illegal substances is strictly prohibited during the contest dates.
- All grand finalists will be given a copy of the itinerary for the duration of the contest. It is the contestant or their guardians responsibility to ensure all meeting times are adhered to. Australian Supermodel Of The Year cannot be held responsible should you miss an activity, transportation or meal due to lateness. Should you miss the meeting/departure due to poor timekeeping, it will be your own responsibility to arrange alternative means of transport at your own expense. In circumstances that the transport arranged by the organizers should depart with your belongings on board, it is again your responsibility to arrange collection of these items and American Supermodel Of The Year will not be responsible for any costs or administration involved in doing so.
- All grand finalists should not bring counterfeit goods or fake designer items with them, or any other illegal items/substances to the Grand Final. Should any finalists/guardians be stopped and retained by customs or authorities upon the international travel to the Grand Final, this is the responsibility of the finalist/guardians and not American Supermodel Of The Year and failure to compete in the contest for this reason will not be valid reason for any refund whatsoever and alternative travel/accommodation arrangements will have to be made at the expense of the finalist/guardians and not in any way the responsibility of American Supermodel Of The Year.
- Your belongings are your own responsibility, and if left unattended at any point this is at your own risk.
- Contestants proved to have deliberately damaged, stolen, or hindered other contestants belongings will be instantly disqualified from the competition.
- All outfits required for the contest are your own responsibility, including transport, care and purchase. Failure to bring the correct outfits may mean you will not be able to participate in that particular round and therefore not judged in that category. Only some of the photoshoot/video/event outfits will be provided by the organizers and will be announced prior.
- Failure to take part in the contest due to injury, sickness or any other reason whatsoever, will unfortunately not be reason for either full or partial refund on any costs incurred.
- American Supermodel Of The Year reserve the right to alter any timings noted in the contest schedule and itinerary. Any such changes will be made clear to finalists via e-mail.
- Contestants agree to notify the organizers of any changes of address, telephone number or email address in the lead up to the contest and for the period following their participation.
- The main form of contact in the lead up to the competition will be via e-mail. Finalists/guardians agree to check their email account on a regular basis to ensure they are aware of any changes and updates.
- The chosen American Supermodel of the Year winners must allow a duration of a maximum of up to six months to receive her/his prizes.
American Supermodel Of The Year
the American Supermodel of the Year – Limitation of Liability and Responsibilities
American Supermodel Of The Year agree to provide the winners of the American Supermodel of the Year (all four categories’ winners):
a) Flight to and from the international location of the Grand Final for one person (the contestant)(sponsored contestants only)
b) Accomodation and three (3) meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) for one person (the contestant) during the Grand Final. Only meals stated in the contestant itinerary are included. Any meals not listed will need to be provided by the finalist and at their own costs.
c) The grand prize:
– 2000 AUD in cash prizes – 500 AUD for winner of each category.
– Photography sessions to the Value of 2000 AUD for the grand finalists.
– Swimwear packages to the Value of 600 AUD for the winners & the runner-ups.
– Clothing packages to the Value of 500 AUD for the winners & the runner-ups.
– Makeup/Cosmetic packages to the Value of 300 AUD for the winners & the runner-ups.
e) The winners in four categories will receive an official certificate of their title as the winner of the Australian Supermodel of The Year 2018 competition, for selected category.
All contestants under 18 years, as of the start of the Grand Final, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or provide a document from parent/legal guardian allowing them to travel and take part in the Grand Final alone. The parent or legal guardian will bear their own costs for all expenses including travel and accommodation.
Personal spending money for the duration of the Grand Final is not provided and is your own responsibility.
No explicit, nude or topless photos or videos will be taken by the organizers of the competition. Swimsuit photoshoot is to be expected at the Grand Final.
Contestants are to purchase their own travel insurance policy for the entirety of the Grand Final event. A copy of this policy must be emailed to staff of American Supermodel of the Year prior to the contestant leaving the country.
American Supermodel Of The Year are not responsible for any loss of luggage or personal items. Relevant insurance for such incident is your own responsibility.
Should you choose to travel and sightsee the Grand Final country in your free time, when on the Grand Final trip, this is your own responsibility and at your own cost.
If you have any concerns about the above rules of entry or the terms and conditions, please bring these to the attention of American Supermodel Of The Year prior to entry. It shall be at the companies discretion as to whether or not any rules have been broken and you will be advised of this decision. The decision of American Supermodel Of The Year is final.
Tickets included in the package are non transferable and should not be sold on under any circumstances.
Any costs/fines incurred for damage to any items or furnishings in your room are to be covered at your own expense. Any finalists found to have damaged property in their hotel room will be disqualified from the competition.
Should the competition be cancelled for any reason outside of American Supermodel Of The Year control, such as acts of god, fire, adverse weather, refunds for absolutely any costs incurred whatsoever are not available in either partial or full refund. Any monetary reimbursement should be sought from your own insurer if and where applicable.
Prevention of travel to international location for the Grand Final due to such events as acts of god, fire, adverse weather, hurricane, earthquake, terrorism attack, flooding, volcano, will result in cancellation of the competition. The contest will not be postponed and instead a selection via written application, photographs and telephone interviews will determine the winners for 2018 and prizes will still be issued in this circumstance.
Should the competition be cancelled due to force majeure, meaning any event or condition, not existing as of the date of this agreement, not reasonably foreseeable as of such date and not reasonably within the control of either party, which prevents in whole or in material part the performance by a party of its obligations hereunder or which renders the performance of such obligations so difficult or costly as to make such performance commercially unreasonable. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will constitute events or conditions of force majeure: acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, state or governmental action, embargoes, epidemics, war, terrorist acts, riots, insurrections, fires, explosions, earthquakes, nuclear accidents, floods, power blackouts, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, volcanic action, strikes, lock-out, slowdowns, trade dispute or labour disturbance, acts of highways authorities, or any other major environmental disturbances, unusually severe weather conditions, acts or omissions of third parties beyond the control of the parties hereto.
American Supermodel Of The Year reserve the right to add or amend these terms at any time. Finalists will be notified of any such changes as and when they occur. Any changes will be with immediate effect.
Acknowledgement and Agreement
By registering you agree to this contract (written and/or electronically) with the American Supermodel of the Year/ American Supermodel Of The Year, you accept to apply and respect the rules and regulations of the entities. Any act considered fraudulent, or detrimental to American Supermodel of the Year or the organizers will result in legal actions.